Friday, January 6, 2012

Nature Walks

I love taking my grandson on nature walks. I love the way he views things. He gets so absorb in watching the insects that it is all I can do to pull him away.
Like the one time he saw a green spider in this cannon. We spent half an hour showing all the people who would pass by the great find in the cannon.

We make our runs around the different places in Harford County. The Bel Air pond is his favorite spot. He loves feeding the geese and taking pictures. The bugs are his favorite there as well.

The Joppatowne Mariner Point Park is my favorite. I go just about everyday. Alot of the pictures I will be using throughout the year will be from there.
The point I am trying to get across today is there are so many places right here in our own backyard to visit why do we work so hard to go away.
Some of the best spot for pictures taking that I have found has been at the Havre De Grace boardwalk, Otterpoint Park, the Bel Air pond and the Mariner Point Park just to name afew.
One of the benefits of walking around this past year is that I have lost thirty pounds. Of course spending time with my grandson is a plus. And for those of you that don't like to walk, alot of the pictures that I have gotten is right from my car window.
Some of the great shots are from throw-away cameras. You don't need an expensive camera to get the shot. You just need to get up and go.
So no excuses. Go out today and get those great shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment