Monday, January 6, 2020

Beaver Love


Driving home from work, I stopped by the marsh. The trumpeter swans were very close to the road. I turned the corner, got out of the car, got my camera and watched as they flew away. Needless to say, I was disappointed at not being able to get good shots of the swans.
As I made my way back to the car, I noticed something swimming out of the corner of my eyes. I thought it was the muskrat. It was not until the rodent slapped his tail on the water, that I realized that it was a beaver. He did this several time while swimming back and forth.

Than, I notice a second beaver come out from the small island. They seemed to show each other some affection before mating. This was not the muskrat love I am use to seeing. This was beaver love.

I hope this means that I will get to see little beavers this spring. I will have to keep an eye out for what more this small corner of the Edgewood  marsh has to show me. Until than, I will be happy to get to see the beaver love.

No comments:

Post a Comment