Sunday, January 5, 2020

Good Parenting


About eight years ago, while visiting my mother-in-law at the nursing home, I took a walk around the pond locate a short distant away. I thought is was weird that this killdeer stay in one position as I got closer to get a better picture.



As I took one more step, she flew away and there in the rock were two eggs. She was showing me good parenting.

Today, there way a knock at my door. I was not home at the time. My daughter answered and standing there was this guy with his son.

This past summer a group of very young kids kept beating on our shed. It got so bad that they started to leave graffiti on the back.

One day I chased three of the kids away. With in a few minutes I heard more noise again,. So, I decide to use my camera to catch them in the act. To my surprise, it was the mother of one of the kid scrubbing the graffiti off.

She promised me that she would let the other parents know and I did not have to worry anymore about the kids damaging the shed anymore. She showed me good parenting.

Back to the guy at the door. He was there because his son was also involved. He was making his son apology for his part. He was showing good parenting.

I started to lose hope that there were good parents out there anymore. Like this killdeer doing her job in being a good parent, the mother and father of the the two boys gives me hope that good parenting is still going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment