Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sappy Bird


I like to follow the many new pictures put on the MD Birding Facebook page. When I saw that someone had gotten some pictures of the yellow-bellied sapsucker at the Mariner, I had to go today to find this cutie.

I was not disappointed. As I made my way to the tree that I recognized in the picture, there he was pecking away on the tree. All around the base of the tree you can see the evidence of the sapsucker as the sap oozes down the tree.


He is one sappy bird. The tree was ripe for the pecking.

But, winter has not begun to make it's present know this year. Today was a beautiful sunny day. This is not going to last. We are only in the middle of January.

While I enjoyed today's weather and walking around the Mariner, getting to see this sappy bird before the winter sets in made my day. I hope to see him for many more days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment