Saturday, January 18, 2020

Frog Capture


Several years ago, while looking for the anything in the water, I heard a splash right below me. A snake had caught a frog right at the hip. There was nothing that the frog could do. He was captured.

Once the snake was sure that he had the frog, I watched as he worked his was down the leg to the tip if the foot. Inch by inch he made his way back to the hip. While this was happening, the frog was fighting for his life.

What the frog did next, surprised me. He blew his stomach up as big as he could get. This made it almost impossible for the snake to get any farther. I stayed as long as I could to see who would win this battle. But, it got too dark and I did not want to be in the park by myself after dark.

Even though the frog was captures, I would like to think that the frog won. I did go the next morning to see if there was any signs of the snake or the frog. There was none to be found. I can only hope that the made it to live another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment