Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Hum Away


One of the hardest bird to get a good shot of is the humming bird. They seem to be around for such a short time. The way they shoot from flower to flower, makes it hard to focus on them. With the sound of their wing, they just hum away.

I do so enjoy seeing them compete for the nectar. They chase each other for the right to get the best place to stick their long beaks into the center of the flower.

These birds are so tiny, I sometime mistake them for a dragonfly when I see them in the distant. They fly so fast, that I can barely keep up with them.

It is only when I am willing to stay still and wait it out, that I can get the shot of what I am after. When I finally get my chance, I snap away and get the bird head deep in the enjoyment of the feast. Then, I can hum away happy at achieving my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment