Friday, January 3, 2020

I Can't Get It


For the past three days, I have been stopping at the marsh by my home trying to get a clear picture of the Wilson Snipe. I can't get it. This is the best shot I can get.

I notice the snipes when I was trying to get pictures of the killdeers. The killdeers are another bird that I do not have to see to know that they are around. The sounds they make is loud and continuous.

Today, I recognized another bird sound. While searching the spot where the Wilson snipes have been hanging out, I heard the  belted kingfisher. She was perched on a dead tree. I was surprise, since I usually do not see king fishers this late in the season.



I will keep trying to get a sharp clear picture of the snipe. I just hope it stays around long enough. I want to say, "I got it". Not say, "I can't get it".

No comments:

Post a Comment