Saturday, January 25, 2020

I Spy With My Eye


I spy with my eye a piece of morsel in the crack of the pole. The nuthatch seems to be thinking this as he searches the post for food.

Through out the day the birds look for their meals in the trees, on the ground and in the water. When they spy the thing that they seek, they dive, zoom and land where they can get their full of the meal.

This seems to be their life long mission. Searching for food. When they find it, they eat and than fly off to search for the next meal.

When I go in search for a meal, I just have to open my cupboards, refrigerator or go to the nearest fast food place. There, I spy my source of nutrition and enjoy the fruit of my search.

There is another source of nutrition for me. Through the Word of Bible, I get my source of spiritual food. When I open the bible, like the nuthatch, I spy with my eyes, hope, truth, and wisdom. This can only come from God through His words.

No comments:

Post a Comment