Saturday, January 11, 2020

King Fisher Whacks


Several weeks back, I spotted a king fisher sitting on a dead tree in the marsh. In his mouth was the catch of the day. I pulled over to watch to see how he would eat the fish.

What he did next, surprised me. He took the fish and whacked it against the limb of the tree. He kept doing this for the next fifteen minutes. I had never seen this before.

It got me to thinking. Would it be cool if with each whack of the fish, he was wiping out the ills of this world?


Whack, there go child abuses, slave trades and all kinds of violence attacks.


Whack, there end hatred, crimes and wars of this world.


Whack, there disappears prejudice, indifference and judgments. As he swallows the fish whole, a whole new world begins.

But at last, this seems to be only a pipe dream. I realized that for all the ills to end in this world, we need to follow the example of the king fisher. We need to start whacking away, one fish at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment