Saturday, January 4, 2020

Swamp Sparrow


In October, while getting my last walk at Harford Glen before it close for the season, I ran into a man with binoculars. I kept my distant as he seemed to be searching the trees for birds. When he was done, I asked him if he saw something good.

"I know that voice," he said as he turn to face me. "Hi, Dawn. How are you"?

It turned out to be my old boss from Toys R Us. I worked with Dave for years and had no idea he was a birder. As we walked around together catching up, he pointed out this small bird on the branch. It was a swamp sparrow. I never would have guess that. He taught me quite a lot about birds that day.

Every day I go out taking pictures of birds. I do not always know what kind of bird I have captures. So I go to other people or post the picture on Facebook to get the help I need. Thanks to Dave, I will always recognize this little swamp sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment