Monday, January 13, 2020

Nutcracker's Heaven


Sunday afternoon I went to a friend's house to see her collections of nutcrackers. I was not prepared for what awaited me as I entered the door. Almost every available spot in the house was filled to the brim with nutcrackers of all sizes. It was a nutcracker's heaven

My friend told that she had been collecting them since got her first wind-up nutcracker at the young age of three. She still has that nutcracker in her collection.


I tried to take it all in. But, there were just too many. It would have taken me hours to see each and everyone. On the floor in front of the tree was an accordion. I ask if she knew how to play it. She picked it up, sat in the chair and played it like a pro.

 For years she would send me an invitation to come to her open house tour of the nutcracker. I am sorry that it had taken so long. It really was a treat to see so many different ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment