Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Persistent Wasps


This past summer I was in a battle with some persistent wasps. It all started with the discovery of a nest by the air conditioner in my daughter room.

After we rid ourselves of the nest in her room, they were found building a new nest a few days later at the air conditioner by the kitchen. I sprayed the nest with wasp killer. Done

Days later a new group started a new nest within inches from the first one. Once again, out came the wasp spray. Done

The next day, they were at it again.  More spraying. This time, days went by without any sighting. Done?

Not even, They decided to more to the chair by the porch. The can came out and the nest was destroyed. Done?

After a few days, there was no more sighting of the wasps. Yes it is done.

We had to power wash the trailer and as I made it to the back of the trailer, what should I find? You guessed it. The wasp found the other air conditioner and was building a new nest.



Boy, were these some persistent wasps. I use up the rest of the can on this nest and bagged it up. I stay by the spot and watching for the next hour. No more wasp. Done. For sure this time until next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment