Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Hermit Sighting


It has been too long for me and my daily walk around the Mariner. It was a treat seeing the many birds following me as I put out bird food on the posts. Sometime it seemed like a free for all as the birds battled for their share of the treats.

As I search the bushes, out popped a hermit thrush. This was a surprise sighting. I knew that there would be chickadees, Carolina wrens, titmouse and the usual blue jays, cardinals and red-winged blackbirds among the many other birds that call the Mariner their home. This little guy seemed to enjoy me taking his picture and did many different poises for me.





The new year has started off with some nice sightings of many birds. The Hermit sighting was the icing on the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment